Monday, August 29, 2011

Another Unseeing Life from Bali


Usually people see Bali from the beauty of the landscape, dance, and the culture. Most of the time they weren't seeing the portrait of everyday life of Bali. Maybe it make sense that not much of documentation on street life on it. When I looked from another photographer from Bali. They usually took fashion, and landscape. It was like there's not another beauty around there to be capture. They were knowing those kind of field only. Somehow street photography was not really popular in Bali. For myself, street photography was still new for me. Somehow after I took some of it, it's looks like I never imagine I captured that moment.


This kind of photograph I was still new. This kind of photography what I need is a big NUTS. GUTS, patient for take all the picture. It's kind of photography is unique. The wider your lens the pro you are. It different with the others the longer your lens the pro you are. Why not from the long time ago I jump to this kind of photograph. I don't need some much lens, and big camera to bring a long.

Most of the time I used Lomo LC-Wide for taking all this pictures, but sometimes I used my Voigtlander Bessa R3M with Voigtlander 40mm f/1.4 . Usually I used my LC-W with color film, and Bessa I used B&W film. This two camera give me a lot of different color and tone that I really wanted. For the films itself, I'm still searching which one that really suitable for my daily photo. Usually most of the time for B&W I used Ilford Delta 400 and Agfa APX 400, and for the color films, hmmm.... for now I really like the Fujifilm Pro 400H, and for slide films I like the Fujifilm Provia 400 and Kodak Elitchrome 200.



Some of the style like Bruce Gilden ( if I'm not mistaking with the name) that using flash for taking the subject. I tried it like 3 times and it's looks like the subject for pop out and the feel on it was different also. But!!! This thing was more difficult and need to put more nerve and adrenaline to take with it. After the result come out, It's feel so different. Maybe next time I will try it again someday.






All the photo I took it with Lomo LC-W, with Kodak Potra VC 400

No comments:

Post a Comment